Sunday 30 October 2011

Pizza Box

I've had a few emails over the past few weeks asking for me to create a pizza box tutorial - so here you are!
Remember that you can resize the pizza box to any size you wish - just use the template I have created as a guide.

 I created this using an A4 piece of cardstock. On the long end I scored at 2.5cm - 12.5cm - 15cm - 25cm & 27.5cm.
Then turn the card around so the narrow end is at the top and score at 2.5cm - 12.5cm & 15cm.
I've used a purple pen above so that you can see my markings.
 Cut out your scored shape. Again, use the photo above as a guide.

Now cut down all of the lines (only as far as the first line) on both of the long edges. I have snipped off a little extra on these sections to create little tabs.
 Fold over on all of your scored edges and stick down the tabs that you created on the previous step.

 This is what your box will look like when it is closed.
 Now you want to create your topper for your box.
 When it's finished and you are happy with it, glue it into position on your box.
You can see here, that just as a finishing touch, I created a little finger hole - this makes it much easier to open and close the box.

Well I hope this makes sense to you all - good luck with the boxes (these are great little boxes for jewellery etc).
Let me know how you get on.

Happy craftin'

Nikki x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x