Friday 11 November 2011

Always remembered

Today is a day were I always stop and think of all the people across the world who have lost their life in battle. I think of both sides - every life that has been lost is sad, no matter which side of the war they stand on.
They have all been someones son or daughter, someones husband or wife.... someones friend.
Today I stand in silence 11.11am on the 11th of the 11th 2011 - magical moment that only we can say we were a part of.... 11 11 11 11 11......

I pray that there would be peace, but the reality is that humans are so very cruel to our own kind.
Hopefully one day.........

I have stood at the war graves in France, the most moving tour David and I ever did. I was reduced to tears at the graveside of people I never knew. It was a life changing experience.
If you ever get the chance to go, please do.
We should never forget. But we must learn from it.

I think of you all and wish you peace in your own war and battle that you will face at some point in your life.

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x