Friday 3 April 2015

Time for some crafting

So far this week we have had rain, hail, snow and sleet.... there's also been a bit of sunshine.... today there is just a lot of cloud and rain.
Perfect for staying in and doing some crafty things....
First of all though, before any crafting for me next week, I've been finishing off some commissions - I'll share them with you are soon as they are finished and I can share them.
Today though I wanted to share these two projects with you,
The first one is my Mum's mothers day card.
I really love making these quilled flowers. (See the tutorial column on the left to find out how simple they are to make). They save me a fortune on embellishments and they mean that all my little scraps are used up.
 Here's a few close ups for you.

 The second card is a commission from a friend. Her uncle loves budgies so I was asked to make a get well card that featured one..... this is what I came up with.

Next on my list is my DT work..... off to do some colouring in and then some embossing..... watch this space to see what I come up with.
I'll share them very soon!
Happy crafting to all of you and to those of you who celebrate it - Happy Easter.

Nikki x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the flowers. and the budgie is coloured beautifully. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous. My grandmother use to have a budgie so the second card really grabs my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab selection of cards and you have indeed been busy. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Nikki. Happy Easter.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely projects, the flowers are so nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, absolutely love your Mother's Day card, such pretty colours and design x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilled flowers there gorgeous! I really like the look on the cards. Definitely going to try these out. :) lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!
    The budgie is very pretty...blue is a favourite colour of mine :)
    Thank you for sharing
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both lovely NIkki! That budgie is amazing!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nikki, These are all fabulous card, love the Quilled flowers. It's along time since I made some of these...

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards......the Mum one is so soft & pretty, and that budgie is fab, just perect as a 'pick me up' for someone who's been ill. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x